PhD student - Department of Accounting, Corporate Finance and Taxation
Last application date: Mar 15, 2017 12:00
Department: EB05 - Department of Accounting, Corporate Finance and Taxation
Contract: Limited duration
Degree: Master degree in economics, business economics or business engineering (before 01/09/2017). Successful candidates should have excellent qualifications at undergraduate and master level.
Occupancy rate: 100%
Vacancy Type: Research staff
The Department of Accounting, Corporate Finance and Taxation (EB05) is looking for highly motivated candidates that wish to write a PhD in social and environmental accounting. More specifically, we would like to propose a project on sustainability assurance that would include both quantitative and qualitative data collection methods.
We offer a full-time position as a PhD scholarship recipient, consisting of an initial period of 12 months which - upon positive evaluation - can be extended three times with another 12 months (maximum 4 years in total).
The PhD student will have the opportunity to work within a stimulating research environment (www.accounting.ugent.be) that is internationally oriented.
Highly-skilled candidates might also do a research visit abroad.
The student will be able to further develop his/her skills through additional PhD courses and attendance/contributions to international conferences.
The contract can start as of 01/09/2017.
Profile of the candidate
- The candidate should have a master degree in economics, business economics or business engineering (before 01/09/2017). Successful candidates should have excellent qualifications at undergraduate and master level.
- Excellent statistical skills are considered an asset.
- The candidate must be prepared to work in Ghent (Belgium).
- The candidate should have a high level of proficiency in English, sufficient to communicate effectively with colleagues.
How to apply
Please submit applications at the latest by 15/03/2017 and send the following documents to Sophie.Hoozee@UGent.be:
- Curriculum vitae
- A covering letter outlining your reasons for wishing to work on this project and your academic interests
- A copy of your grades
- A copy of your diploma (if already available)
For additional information about this position, please contact Sophie.Hoozee@UGent.be