Group Leader in Food Flavor Chemistry : Lausanne, Switzerland
“I want to achieve great things and I want them to be noticed”
Nestlé Research Center, Lausanne, Switzerland Undefined period of time contract, act rate 100%
The Nestlé Research Center (NRC) located near Lausanne, Switzerland is one of the leading research laboratories in food and nutritional sciences. With over 500 colleagues from over 40 nationalities, NRC has a strong position in the international scientific community supported further by more than 200 external scientific partnerships, multiple University collaborations and more than 100 scientific publications each year. Nestlé Research Center conducts up to 60 clinical trials in the areas of healthy nutrition, medical nutrition, metabolic disease, gastro-intestinal health amongst others. (Learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com).
Combining innovative drive and strong scientific integrity in Nutrition, Health, Food Science, Consumer Interaction and Food Safety, NRC opens the way to develop Good Food for Good Life.
Demonstrating leadership and innovation mindset, you will be leading an Expertise Group in Flavor Science and will be playing key role in a global R&D expert network in this area.
- Assure state-of-the-art Flavor science to be a driver of innovation and applications to Nestlé product categories
- Build Flavor science strategy and projects to support our key brands with solid science for innovation
- Work with Nestlé Product Technology Centers. Prioritize resources and joint project objectives related to Flavor, and transfer concepts
- Drive Innovation by building internal and external partnerships (e.g. universities)
- Ensure that Nutrition, Health and Wellness objectives are achieved by providing expertise during industrialization and required technical assistance
- Lead and develop people, ensure objective setting and follow-up through the year. Drive team to generate impact
- Education and experience
- PhD in Chemistry, preferentially in Food Flavor Chemistry.
- At least 6-7 years experience in related scientific fields (e.g. flavor formation, taste-active compounds). Further exposure within an industrial context is a plus
- Knowledge in nutrition will be considered a strong asset
- Experience in leading and developing people
- Solid publications record and external exposure
- Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written)
Show us that you demonstrate an excellent scientific insight, combined with capacity to motivate and enable results through people. Your influencing and networking skills is what will set you apart among the other candidates. If you are interested in joining a very international scientific environment and if you want to make a difference to our performance, please apply in English on www.nestle.com/jobs.
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 88,8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2015, more than 335,000 employees worldwide and 436 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com…