The Social Research and Methodology Group of the Department of Social Sciences is looking for an assistant from 1 February 2019. The position is limited to 4 years for doctoral students and 5 years for post-docs.
- Collaborate on research projects and publications
- Teach one course per semester (2 hours per week)
- Contribute to student support and administration
- Background and good grades in the social sciences (MA or PhD)
- Interest in one or more of the following: business and society, corporate responsibility, sustainability, India, USA, UN SDGs, UN Global Compact
- Good qualitative and/or quantitative research methods skills
- Ability to work with academics from different countries and cultures
- Excellent English language skills; some German or French of advantage
We offer you
- A challenging position in a dynamic and successful research team
- Opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge
- Remuneration according to the University of Basel pay scale www.unibas.ch/Einreihung
- A well-equipped and pleasant workplace in the center of Basel
Application / Contact
Send your application (cover letter including your research interests, CV including references, and two academic writing samples) as a single PDF file to email@example.com.
For more information, please contact Prof. Max Bergman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
The application deadline is 1 December 2018 .