Short term consultantsSenior Tuberculosis Technical Expert
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at local, national and international levels. Over 800 people from more than 70 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions. The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of the Swiss TPH conducts consultancy, project management, training and applied research work in international health.
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we are looking for experts with:
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree preferred, minimum Master degree) in medicine, public health, epidemiology, nursing, applied clinical research , or other relevant field;
- At least 13 years of demonstrated progressive experience providing technical support to TB and drug-resistant TB (DR-TB) programmes with at least 5-8 years' experience in an international or resource-challenged settings required
- Experience introducing and implementing new TB/DR-TB policies, such as shortened treatment regimens for DR-TB, new TB drugs, and GeneXpert;
- Knowledge, understanding and technical expertise in the application and implementation of global TB and DR-TB policies, strategies and technical guidance;
- Expertise in implementing all stages of TB prevalence surveys, from its design to data collection, data management, data analysis and report development is an asset;
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation, evaluation
- Solid analytical, problem solving, writing and reporting skills together with excellent spoken communication skills
- Excellent command of English AND French (speaking & writing) required, another language (Spanish or Portuguese) is a strong asset
- Ability to work under pressure and with teams, and excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with international agencies or working with not-for-profit sector is an asset
In case of interest, please send your CV (maximum 3 pages) and covering letter including your daily rate in English to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline of application is 15 March 2019. In your email's subject matter, please specify "Application for Senior Tuberculosis Technical expert". Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please consult our new website: https://www.swisstph.ch/en/about/scih/