Short term consultantsSenior HIV Technical Expert
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at local, national and international levels. Over 800 people from more than 70 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions. The Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of the Swiss TPH conducts consultancy, project management, training and applied research work in international health.
To best fit into our active, interdisciplinary team we are looking for experts with:
- Minimum Master degree in Public health, health, Epidemiology, Social or Behavioral sciences or related field. A doctoral degree in public health or similar field is desired.
- At least 13 years of extensive experience in the field of HIV/AIDS (TB) and public health with at least 5-8 years' experience in an international or resource-challenged settings required
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, HIV/AIDS control and prevention, PMTCT, stigma, cohort studies, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation, and evaluation
- Experience working with international teams and dealing in a culturally appropriate manner with a range of stakeholders, from high level government officials to community members;
- Solid analytical, problem solving, writing and reporting skills together with excellent spoken communication skills essential
- Excellent command of English AND French (speaking & writing) required, another language (Spanish or Portuguese) is a strong asset
- Ability to work under pressure and with teams, and excellent organizational and time management skills essential
- Experience with international agencies or working with not-for-profit sector is an asset
- Ability to assess ongoing public health interventions to evaluate their efficacy and efficiency.
- Evidence of good understanding of cost effectiveness analysis is an asset
In case of interest, please send your CV ( maximum 3 pages ) and covering letter including your daily rate in English to firstname.lastname@example.org . Deadline of application is 15 March 2019. In your email's subject matter, please specify "Application for Senior HIV Technical expert". Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please consult our new website: https://www.swisstph.ch/en/about/scih/