PhD Position in Health Systems Research
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute is a public institution with the mandate to contribute to the improvement of the health of populations internationally and nationally through excellence in research, services, and teaching and training.
We are looking for candidates for a PhD Position in Health Systems Research
The thesis shall focus on the processes, outcomes and the impact of a clinic-based randomized controlled trial aiming to improve the health outcomes of hospital patients in the Basel area through the early screening and treatment of psychosocial issues. The PhD position will be embedded in an evaluation mandate of Health Promotion Switzerland (Gesundheitsförderung Schweiz) as well as the Swiss Learning Health System (SLHS) PhD fellowship program.
To best fit into our team and to meet the requirements of the PhD position, we expect the following qualifications:
- Master degree level in epidemiology, public health, health service management, medicine or a similar field
- Basic knowledge on quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods and/or knowledge translation approaches
- Excellent command of German (must) and English (speaking and writing)
- Good communication skills,
- Strong spirit of team work and initiative
- Ability to work with professionals in a multi-cultural context
- Besides an interest in applied operational research, ideally the candidate has experience and a publication track record on issues pertaining to health service research.
We hope the successful candidate will start this position by June 2019 at the latest.
Working places: Swiss TPH an institute associated with University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland. The PhD student will need to register for his/her PhD studies through the University of Basel.
Remuneration: According to the PhD stipend scheme of the Swiss National Science Foundation.
If you are interested, please upload your application consisting of 1) motivation letter; 2) Curriculum Vitae, 3) names of 2 referees (will be only contacted if candidate is short-listed) by 28 February 2019
via the link provided below.
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool.