Research Administration Specialist
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. Over 800 people from more than 70 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
Our Clinical Operations Unit is specialized in the conduct of clinical trials for poverty-related diseases in resource-limited settings. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to work alongside our team as: Research Administration Specialist.
We are looking for a self-motivated, trustworthy and reliable Research Administration Specialist. The post-holder will have a key role in facilitating research management and the smooth running of our department office, which contributes in driving sustainable growth, maintaining research efficiency and subjects' safety. The ideal candidate will have outstanding organizational skills, be a quick learner, competent in prioritizing and taking initiative, an excellent communicator and the ability to work effectively within a team.
This is a great opportunity to work in a clinical research operational environment with experienced staff, providing an opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in clinical research in a non-profitable setting and low-income countries. This position is available immediately or on mutual agreement.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to support the study teams in all administrative matters.
- Handling of payments and invoices to customers and consultants. Management of internal reimbursements. Support of project team with budgeting and tracking.
- Preparation of contracts for consultants.
- Set-up and maintenance of the Trial Master File
- Preparation, filing and archiving of clinical trial documentation and reports according to the scope of work and standard operating procedures. Act as a central contact for the clinical team for designated project communications and associated correspondence.
- Arrangement of travel and meetings, organization of study material.
- Act as back-up support for Administrative Specialist and assist colleagues whenever necessary.
- Fluent in English and French. German is an asset.
- Diploma/qualification in office administration or relevant field.
- Proven experience as an office administrator with a minimum of 2 years administrative experience within a busy environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Team player with outstanding communication skills and willingness to learn.
- Familiarity with health settings.
- Interest in projects in resource limited countries.
- Good working knowledge in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We offer you
- Knowledge and experience with finance tools such as SAP and/or SAGE
- Exposure or experience in clinical research with knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP) guidelines
The position is based in Basel, Switzerland. The successful applicant will receive a one-year contract in the first instance with the possibility to extend into an indeterminate contract.
There is no closing date for application, but we encourage applicants to submit their application as soon as possible. As long as the position is published on the website of Swiss TPH it is still open.
We look forward to receiving your online application with CV including salary expectation, motivation letter, reference letters, certificates and the names and contact information (email and phone) of 2-3 referees.
Note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool. Applications via email or external recruiter will not be considered.
Application / Contact
For further information about the position, please visit our website
Forward to online application at
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Full Professor Position to Lead the IN4ACT Era Chair in Research on the Economic and Managerial Impact of Future Manufacturing (Industry 4.0)
Kaunas University of Technology (KTU) Lithuania
Tenure Track Assistant Professor position in Distributed Systems
Umeå University Umeå
PhD position on the project Nuclear roles of members of the ATG8 family of autophagy proteins
UiT The Arctic University of Norway Troms
Assistenz im Rahmen des Doktoratsprogramms SEEDam Schulpsychologischen Dienst Basel-Stadt
University of Basel Basel
Studentische/r Hilfsassistent/in Forschungsadministration
University of Basel Basel
University of Eastern Finland - UEF Finland
Clinical Trial Assistant (CTA) with finance background
University of Basel Basel
Short Term Internship
Research Fellow in Propulsion Aerodynamics
Cranfield University United Kingdom
Assistant Professor in Molecular Biogeochemistry of Permafrost Systems
Stockholm University Stockholm
Researcher, Environmental Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
University of Cyprus Cyprus
Applied Physicist for Vacuum Analysis and Modelling
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Finance
Coventry University United Kingdom