Doctoral student, Sustainable Building in Road Engineering - 2019BAPFTIEX104
The Faculty of Applied Engineering is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy for a
Doctoral student in the area of Construction Engineering: Sustainable Building in Road Engineering
- You prepare a doctorate thesis in the field of Sustainable Building in Road Engineering.
- You conduct research on the development of a decision-based model to optimize the use of reclaimed asphalt materials, which are released during reconstruction and rehabilitation. The research will have a wide initial setting: which parameters are important to make the model robust and which sensitivity do they have? Chemical, mechanical, ecological and economic parameters are considered. Next, you model these parameters on the basis of existing data, insights and expertise of the research group or others (aging mechanisms, production and processing processes). By way of demonstration, your study also includes a number of cases in Flanders, with a parametric sensitivity analysis. Your research will be set in the context of a national and international cooperation.
- You contribute to teaching and research in the Department of Construction Engineering of the Faculty of Applied Engineering.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project of your assignment.
- If applicable you will apply for an externally funded PhD scholarship (i.e. FWO or VLAIO).
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Engineering Technology: Construction Engineering, in Civil Engineering: Construction Engineering, in Bioscience Engineering, in Business Engineering or similar.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Also students in the final year of their degree (2018-2019) can apply.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university. You will have a minor lecturing load.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have a strong interest in scientific research and a strong perseverance.
- You are able to plan and carry out your tasks in an independent way.
- You have strong analytical skills to interpret the obtained research results.
- You are a team player and have strong communication skills.
- You are able to commit to timing and milestones set forward in different research projects.
- You have excellent knowledge of the English language, in both oral and written communication.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October 2019;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.373,36 tot € 2.516,73;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment in a young and innovative faculty.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 22 April 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- After the preselection, the candidates who are admitted to the remainder of the selection procedure, will be invited for an interview that takes place in May 2019.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Professor Amaryllis Audenaert (tel. +32 3 265 1706).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Professor in Business Administration, with specialisation in consumer marketing
Open Position: for a Scientific Coordinator, or Master in Science
University of Basel Basel
University of Basel Basel
Special Scientist, FOSS Research Centre for Sustainable Energy
University of Cyprus Cyprus