Clinical Assistant Professor Non-Tenure Track for Cellular Immunotherapy
The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Basel and the University Hospital Basel open up a position (limited to 5 years) as Clinical Assistant Professor Non-Tenure Track for Cellular Immunotherapy to begin on October 1st 2019 or upon agreement (limited to 5 years).
The successful candidate will develop and lead a research laboratory in the Departments of Biomedicine and Clinical Research and have a part-time clinical commitment in the Department of Medical Oncology at the University Hospital of Basel. She/he will be expected to establish a visible clinical and translational research program in the field of cellular immunotherapy of solid tumors (clinical and translational) and to implement and conduct corresponding clinical studies at the University Hospital Basel. Additional responsibilities include the acquisition of third-party funds, and the active participation in teaching in the Faculty of Medicine.
In particular, the following profile is desirable:
- Specialist (physician) in medical oncology (or equivalent qualification)
- Excellent scientific publications and internationally recognized research in the field of tumor immunology and immunotherapy
- Habilitation or equivalent qualification
- Successful acquisition of competitive research grants
- Experience in translating basic oncology research into clinical application and in the management of clinical trials, ability to ensure patient-oriented action
- Initiative and willingness for interdisciplinary cooperation within the university and faculty priorities in the Life Sciences of the University of Basel
- Visionary thinking, enthusiasm and ability to integrate
- Leadership experience and commitment to ensure successful interdisciplinary/-professional collaborations
- Commitment to teaching and training in medical and translational oncology
The language of instruction at the Medical Faculty is German. Successful foreign language candidates are expected to learn German within 2-3 years.
We offer you
The University of Basel is an equal opportunity and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity. We explicitly welcome female applicants.
Application / Contact
For information, please contact the Head of the Committee, Prof. C. Lengerke, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is May 31st 2019.
Information about how to submit your application is available at: https://medizin.unibas.ch/fileadmin/user_upload/medizin/Dokumente/Dekanat/Leitfaden_Bewerbungen_englisch.pdf
Please send your application exclusively as pdf-files according to the guidelines to email@example.com
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Technical-Scientific Project Manager F/M
Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER) Holland
Statistical Programmer with CDISC experience
Postdoc position: parallelized production of microbubbles in microfluidics.
Universiteit Twente Holland
Post Doctoral Research Associate in Theological Education
Durham University United Kingdom