Biology Research Assistant / Translational Research
The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is a research institute combining basic and clinical research with a mission to drive innovations in understanding of eye diseases and developing new therapies for vision loss. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged and developed.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to join the Translation Group.
The main goal of the Translational Group is to develop and bring new classes of therapies to the clinic. We specifically focus on gene therapy and base editing technologies to provide treatments for genetic vision loss. Our activities include performing proof-of-concept studies in cells, organoids, retinal explants and animal models, optimizing lead candidate therapeutic agents, perform safety and biodistribution studies, characterize and recruit patients for the clinical trials, develop clinical outcome measures and prepare for regulatory authorization.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to process biological samples for histology, microscopy analysis and to assist in molecular biology experiments.
- Perform molecular biology experiments (cloning, DNA, RNA isolation, PCR, qPCR, sample preparation for sequencing)
- Perform histology on tissue samples, sectioning, immunostaining
- Acquire a series of confocal microscopy images
- Quantify images using pre-defined algorithms
- Prepare GLP compliant reports
- Involvement in lab management and organization
- Close collaboration with group members and the IOB groups.
- Biologielaborant/in (or equivalent education) or Bachelor's/Master's Degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology or related field
- Basic knowledge of cell biology, molecular biology and biological research
- Enthusiasm to establish and optimize new protocols and techniques
- Ability to follow GLP compliant SOPs and precision in documenting findings and preparing reports
- Independence in planning, conductance, analysis and troubleshooting standard molecular biology experiments
- The candidate should be highly organized, detail-oriented and computer skilled
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Fluency in oral and written English
We offer you
- A key position in a rapidly developing translational platform developing new classes of therapies, working in close collaboration with the IOB research groups
- Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel
- IOB is an equal-opportunity employer with family-friendly work policies
Application / Contact
Interested candidates should submit their application documents as a single PDF file to email@example.com by June 15th, 2019. Please indicate the position you are applying for by writing the reference number (IOB025) on the subject line.
For further information, please visit our website www.iob.ch or contact Josephine Puttkammer (firstname.lastname@example.org / +41 79 852 75 32).
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Technical-Scientific Project Manager F/M
Dutch Institute for Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER) Holland
Statistical Programmer with CDISC experience
Postdoc position: parallelized production of microbubbles in microfluidics.
Universiteit Twente Holland
Post Doctoral Research Associate in Theological Education
Durham University United Kingdom