Vacancy Consultant Research Data Management
We are looking for a consultant who will help us develop research data management services for universities and other knowledge-intensive institutions in The Netherlands and abroad. A great opportunity to be part of the technology that enables the scientific research of tomorrow.
Working/thinking level: academic/vocational
What does this position entail?
As a consultant at SURFsara, you are deeply familiar with scientific research. You can demonstrate and present your knowledge in a professional and engaging way to colleagues, external relations and users. You are able to recognize researchers’ needs for services that SURFsara is already offering or might develop in the future. You are able to identify possibilities for improvement and innovation, and drive the development of new solutions. You can find ways to bridge the gap between users’ needs and technical possibilities. You can lead projects and you know how to make progress by making things tangible and actionable. You have a clear focus on the Research Data Management (RDM) field, but you are also able to build bridges to other fields of science like high-performance computing and big data processing.
What will you do?
- You will work closely with scientific researchers. You understand their questions and needs concerning RDM and can translate and explain those needs to SURFsara system experts and developers. Your proactive thinking will lead to innovation and development of new services.
- You will maintain relations with scientific researchers, research groups and supporting functions like IT departments. You help them make optimal use of the services that SURFsara offers.
- You will work with other SURFsara consultant to realize solutions, pilots and proof-of-concepts. You show initiative and display an entrepreneurial approach.
- You start and lead projects – both within SURFsara as in cooperation with partner institutes.
- You will develop yourself into a well-known expert in the field of RDM.
- You provide trainings in RDM, you coach other team members and help develop these trainings.
- You provide effective communication between different teams within SURFsara as well as externally - on both a national and international level. You attend (inter)national projects and conferences.
- You will deepen your knowledge and develop your skills in other fields in the domain of high-performance computing and research data.
What we are looking for
- You have a masters diploma in a data / computationally intensive research field like computer science.
- You have experience with translating functional requirements into technical implementation.
- Experience with programming (preferably Python) is essential, you also have good knowledge of Unix/Linux systems.
- Your communication skills are excellent. You speak and write fluent English.
- You are skilled in presenting your work at conferences and via technical blogs or you have written books or papers in the past.
- You are not afraid to multi-task. You like to define your own work and you are an expert in handling deadlines.
- Science excites you, even though you are not doing the scientific research yourself.
- You have knowledge of scientific workflows, data processing algorithms and data structures.
- You have the ability and motivation to quickly develop yourself and adopt new knowledge fast.
What we offer
- Interesting work in a dynamic and diverse work environment where the connection between science, IT and society takes center stage.
- Innovative teamwork with highly skilled and motivated colleagues.
- Opportunity to develop yourself further as a recognized RDM expert.
- Working with the latest data management, data processing and high-performance computing technology.
- Freedom to largely shape your own work within the team mission and context.
- Challenging projects that make a material contribution to the future IT infrastructure for research in The Netherlands and abroad.
- Opportunity to attend (inter)national meetings and conferences.
Terms of employment:
- You will be appointed a full-time position, our contracts are based on 38-hours.
- Salary ranking in VSNU-scale (University Regulations) level 10/11 (€ 2.709 – €4.978, excluding 8% holiday allowance), based on a fulltime workweek.
- Fixed year-end bonus of 8,3%, 29 vacation days per year (based on a 38 hour work week)
- You can chose to work 40 hours a week and will be rewarded 12 extra vacation days.
- A compensation for travel expenses that covers commuting up to 45 kilometers one way.
- Participation in the ABP pension fund, where approximately two thirds of the premium is paid by the employer.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
- For more information about the position and application procedure, please contact the HR department, Kimberley Christ (Senior Recruiter): +31 (0)20-8001300
- More information about working at SURFsara
- Employees about working at SURF
- More about the SURF-organization
- You must be able to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag/VOG) during your first month of employment.
This position is only open to applicants holding a European passport or are currently living in the Netherlands holding a work permit.
Deadline for application
Deadline for application
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
Early Stage Researcher (PhD student), Computational Modelling
University of Eastern Finland - UEF Finland
Professor in Science education
Stockholm University Stockholm