Endowed Professorship in 'Nanopharmaceutical and regulatory science' (with tenure)
The Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Basel is looking for a distinguished scientist who is interested in building up a research and teaching program of excellence in the field of nanopharmaceutical and regulatory science.
The candidate is expected to
- develop the field of nanopharmaceuticals and related regulatory aspects at the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences ( https://pharma.unibas.ch/de/home/ )
- establish a successful research program focused on important topics in nanopharmaceuticals / nanosimilars / nanotoxicology and related regulatory aspects and challenges
- investigate in collaboration with other research institutions critical quality attributes of nanopharmaceuticals and nanosimilars, such as mechanism of action, technological aspects, safety, and practical application issues
- connect with drug authorities to establish science-based guidelines on safe and correct use of nanopharmaceuticals and nanosimilars
- build teaching courses and form a network of teaching excellence on aspects of drug approval, drug selection, safe and efficient use of nanopharmaceuticals to both health care providers and drug authorities
- actively collaborate with academic colleagues and industry ('Public-Private-Partnerships')
- contribute to graduate level teaching and postgraduate education
The candidate is a distinguished scientist with a Master degree in natural sciences (such as nanoscience, pharmacy, biology, chemistry, physics) or medicine, with a PhD, and with research experience in the field of nanopharmaceutical and regulatory science.
We offer you
The University is home to the Swiss Nanoscience Institute ( https://nanoscience.ch/en/ ), the center of nanoscale science and technology in Switzerland. Basel is the home of a vibrant international life science community and provides a high standard of living and a superb cultural and cosmopolitan atmosphere. We are an equal opportunity and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity, and strongly encourage applications from women.
Application / Contact
Please address requests for further information to the Head of the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Prof. Dr. Christoph R. Meier ( email@example.com ).
Application dossiers including a motivation letter, CV, research plan and teaching statement, should be sent by 31 August 2019 as a single PDF document to Prof. Dr. Martin Spiess, Dean, Faculty of Science,
University of Basel, Klingelbergstrasse 50, 4056 Basel, Switzerland,
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Post-Doctoral position in applied economics with a focus on earthquake catastrophe modelling
ETH Zurich Zurich
Assistant Professor in Education
Dublin City University (DCU) Ireland
Research engineer in software development
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan Stockholm