Doctoral student in additive manufacturing/bioprocess industry
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för kemi, bioteknologi och hälsa
Third-cycle subject : Fibre and polymer science
Additive manufacturing enables designs that were previously not possible to manufacture. In order to increase the implementation of additively manufactured products, more innovation and development is required. This project is a unique collaboration between GE Healthcare and KTH, within the framework of Addlife (see below). It aims to develop methods to improve post-processing (finishing), in complex internal channels on selected chemical-resistant polymers.
AddLife is a VINNOVA Competence Centre that gathers more than 20 partners to support competence development in Additive Manufacturing for the Life Sciences. The centre is funded by academia, industry and VINNOVA, with a total budget of approx. 100 MSEK for 5 years.
Supervision: The doctoral student will be supervised by Anna Wistrand. The PhD student will perform work at both KTH and GE Healthcare.
What we offer
- The possibility to study in a dynamic and international research environment in collaboration with industries and prominent universities from all over the world. Read more .
- A compulsory individual study plan to support your development in your area of interest.
- A workplace with many employee benefits and monthly salary according to KTH s Doctoral student salary agreement.
- A postgraduate education at an institution that is active and supportive in matters pertaining to working conditions, gender equality and diversity as well as study environment.
- Work and study in Stockholm, one of Europe s fastest growing capitals, which is close to both nature and the sea.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH .
- A unique opportunity to collaborate in a competence center in additive manufacturing.
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- Passed a degree at advanced level,
- Completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or
- In any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
- language requirements
Basic knowledge of polymer technology, polymer chemistry and polymer physics is advantageous, merit is also experience of additive manufacturing with powder-based polymers (SLS) and development of products for a regulated environment.
In order to succeed as a doctoral student at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. During the selection process, candidates will be assed upon their ability to:
- independently pursue his or her work,
- collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach,
- analyse and work with complex issues,
After the qualification requirements, great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities and personal suitability.
Target degree: Doctoral degree
Information regarding admission and employment
Only those admitted to postgraduate education may be employed as a doctoral student. The total length of employment may not be longer than what corresponds to full-time doctoral education in four years ' time. An employed doctoral student can, to a limited extent (maximum 20%), perform certain tasks within their role, e.g. training and administration. A new position as a doctoral student is for a maximum of one year, and then the employment may be renewed for a maximum of two years at a time.
You will find contact information for union representatives on KTH s website .
Doctoral section (Students union on KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
You will find contact information for doctoral section on the section s website .
Apply for the position and admission through KTH s recruitment system. It is the applicant s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement. Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions and certificates of fulfilled language requirements .These need to be translated into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports: For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization. For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Monthly salary according to kth's doctoral student salary agreement
Reference number: C-2020-0173
Last application date: 2020-04-17
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship, SMEs or Strategic Management (tenure track, 100%)
University of St. Gallen Switzerland
Project Researcher (Neurosciences)
University of Eastern Finland - UEF Finland
Postdoctoral Researcher or Project Researcher (Neurosciences)
University of Eastern Finland - UEF Finland
Universitetslektor i global hälsa 25%
Uppsala universitet Uppsala