Postdoc in Materials design for green energy storage
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för industriell teknik och management
You will drive the project on design, fabrication and characterization of materials to be used as electrodes in hybrid storage devices. The project requires a wide knowledge in materials science, with focus on materials design for energy storage/conversion. Particularly, knowledge in materials synthesis, characterization and electrochemical measurements is needed. In addition, experience in ab initio modelling of materials will be considered as advantage. You will work in an international team in collaboration with industry.
What we offer
- International workplace.
- A leading technical university that creates knowledge and expertise for a sustainable future.
- Here you get colleagues with high ambitions in an open, curious and dynamic environment.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree in have a PhD in electrochemistry or physical chemistry or chemistry or materials science, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- Electrochemical skills: voltammetry, chronoamperometry, chronopotentiometry, corrosion rate measurements.
- Materials characterization: SEM, EDX
- Deep knowledge of inorganic chemistry, particularly related to chemistry of complex compounds
- Previous work in electrochemical energy conversion
- General knowledge of safety measures in chemical/electrochemical laboratory
- Common publications together with theoretical and modelling groups is a plus
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
The candidate should have problem-solving mindset, be independent, capable of working alone as well as be a part of an interdisciplinary team.
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
Temporary employment for up to one year with a possibility to one year prolonging. Start date by agreement.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Working hours: Full time
Reference number: M-2020-0636
Last application date: 2020-04-17
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
University of Basel Basel
Postdoc Sustainable Catalysis (1.0 FTE)
University of Groningen Holland
W 2 (m/f/o) Chair in International Relations
Universität Kassel Germany
Postdoc Responsive Surfaces (1.0 FTE)
University of Groningen Holland