Postdoc position in Electrochemiluminescence and Optical sensing
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för kemi, bioteknologi och hälsa
The Chemical Sensing Group is one of the largest groups at KTH, with approximately 20 researchers. We develop fundamental electrochemical and optical concepts to be integrated into "chemical sensors" aiming to solve current problems in healthcare, environment, wellness, food; among others. The objective of this postdoctoral position is to strengthen the Optical Sensing research line at the CBH School. Included in the work tasks are:
- Development of electrochemiluminescence sensors and biosensors
- Responsible of setting an optical sensing lab
What we offer
- International workplace.
- A leading technical university that creates knowledge and expertise for a sustainable future.
- Here you get colleagues with high ambitions in an open, curious and dynamic environment.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- A doctoral degree in Analytical Chemistry, Electrochemistry or Chemical Sensing or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
- Experience in biosensing manufacturing
- Experience in spetroscopy
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
- Demonstrated experience in electrochemiluminescence fundamental aspects and its use to develop chemical sensor. Prove your experience with high impact factor journals.
- Scientific skills
- Excellent oral communications
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
- Cooperation skills
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must contain:
- CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Temporary employment according to agreement but for no more than 2 years.
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Monthly salary
Reference number: C-2020-0639
Last application date: 2020-04-22
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
University of Basel Basel
Postdoc Sustainable Catalysis (1.0 FTE)
University of Groningen Holland
W 2 (m/f/o) Chair in International Relations
Universität Kassel Germany
Postdoc Responsive Surfaces (1.0 FTE)
University of Groningen Holland