Associate Professor in Biomedical Signal Processing
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, School of Engineering Sciences in Chemistry, Biotechnology and Health
Biomedical Signal Processing
The subject concerns studies aimed to improve people s health based on the ability to measure, process and analyse sensor data from the human body. The subject field includes analog electronics to amplify, filter and modify signals, digitalisation of the signal for processing, and embedded systems for analysis and visualisation. Security, privacy, reliability and validation are important integrated parts of the subject field.
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the university investment in the subject field by actively leading and participating in education, research and external collaboration. Duties include development, planning and delivery of educational programs and courses within the subject field. Education and supervision of students is expected at Bachelor, Masters and PhD level.The associate professor is expected to be able to teach in Swedish within three years. If needed a plan for language training will be set at the time of hire.
Those qualified for appointment as an associate professor are persons who have:
- been awarded a PhD or has the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve , and
- demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment
The assessment criteria for appointment as an associate professor at KTH shall be the degree of expertise required as a qualification for employment. In addition, the assessment criteria stated in the KTH appointment procedure, section 1.2., apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- Research expertise within the subject field, demonstrated through research publications, conference attendance, attendance of research cooperation and also other undertakings in the scientific community such as for example, assignments as a reviewer or expert.
- Competence in interacting with the surrounding society, for example with clinical work.
- Teaching skills in the subject field, evidenced through documented teaching experience, course development and supervision
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- Interest and insights in pedagogical development in the subject field.
- Interdisciplinary collaborative skills
- expertise to develop and lead activities and staff. This includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
It is also important that the applicant has
- administrative expertise
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH's webpage .
Your application should follow KTH's CV template for employment of teachers . It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete according to the requirements in the ad and CV template.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
For more information regarding KTH's assessement, see Appointments procedure at the Royal Institute of Technology
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
University of Basel Basel
PhD position: Surgical navigation in laparoscopic surgery
Netherlands Cancer Institute Holland
Postdoc Cities, Machine Learning and Network Science
TU Delft Holland