Research Navigator as team leader
As part of its policy to support researchers within the context of the digital transformation in the humanities and social sciences, the University of Basel is setting up a new unit for Research and Infrastructure Support (RISE). The RISE team will support researchers on issues concerning the conception of computer-supported aspects of research projects, the development, analysis and user-oriented presentation of data, as well as the sustainability and availability of open data.
As RISE team leader you will be directly involved in offering research support in one of the following areas: databases (for qualitative and/or quantitative data) and repositories, real time data and network analysis, or data mining. The participation in and the organization of workshops for researchers in the humanities and social sciences is also expected. Moreover, you will be involved as a team leader in the further development of RISE, in leading the team, and in coordinating the provision of support, in coordination with the RISE Steering Committee. You will also represent RISE in national and international networks, and facilitates the exchange with other academic and non-academic units. The active participation in research projects and publications is expected.
- a completed university degree (MA/MSc) and a dissertation (PhD) or equivalent experience in the relevant subject areas;
- Research experience with the working methods in the humanities and social sciences;
- Practical experience in ICT and computer-supported research in the humanities and social sciences;
- Experience in the development, organization and conception of research projects;
- Experience in leadership and project management, i.e. experience in organizing, coordinating and delegating work, as well as managing the deployment and distribution of necessary resources within a team;
- A strong sense of communication, dialogue and mediation between different stakeholders;
- An interest in the conception and implementation of offers in university continuing education;
- working knowledge of German and English.
We offer you
- a stimulating and interdisciplinary working environment with up-to-date infrastructures;
- the possibility of working together with other researchers to develop innovative research projects;
- a wide range of further training opportunities within and outside the university;
- a workplace in the center of the city of Basel in the premises of the Digital Humanities Lab, in the immediate vicinity of researchers in the humanities and social sciences;
- Employment conditions and social benefits within the university systems.
Application / Contact
The University of Basel stands for excellence through diversity and is committed to equal opportunities and family friendliness. In its efforts to to increase the proportion of women in positions of responsibility, the University is particularly interested in applications from women.
We look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, current curriculum vitae, certificates, possibly list of publications, reference persons) via the Basel university's online application portal (see button below). Applications by other means will not be taken into consideration. For information please contact Prof. Dr. Gerhard Lauer, Head of RISE or Prof. Dr. Lorenza Mondada, forthcoming Dean of Research of the Faculty of the Humanities and Social Sciences (firstname.lastname@example.org). Apply
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
PhD scholarship within dairy processing; Innovative processing of goat milk
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)
University of Basel Basel
Postdoc Cities, Machine Learning and Network Science
TU Delft Holland