Associate Professor in Electrical Engineering, Protection of Power Systems
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Electrical Engineering with specialization in Protection of Power Systems
The area includes development of models and methods for development of diagnostics, fault-analysis and protection functions in power systems with large amounts of generation from renewable sources.
Duties within teaching amounts to 50% of the position. This includes teaching in the three year degree program in electrical engineering, first-cycle teaching in the five-year program in electrical engineering, and second-cycle teaching in the subject field, along with supervision of thesis work. The position also includes research within the subject field, application for external funding, and supervision of PhD students. In addition, management and administrative duties at division and department level may be included. The associate professor is expected to be able to teach in Swedish within three years. If needed a language development plan will be established in order to support the associate professor.
Those qualified for appointment as an associate professor are persons who have:
- been awarded a PhD or have the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve, and
- demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment The basic requirement of the assessment for this employment as associate professor at KTH is the level of expertise required for eligibility. In addition, the assessment criteria stated in the KTH appointments procedure, section 1.2., apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is that the applicant has
- teaching expertise in the subject area, including ability at course development and teaching in first- and second-cycle education.
- expertise in coordinating and developing course offerings.
- scientific expertise in the subject area, demonstrated for example by publications in leading journals and active participation in conferences within the subject area.
Of second highest importance that the applicant has
- ability to lead research projects including to seek and obtain research funding for their present research activities.
- expertise to develop and lead organizations and staff. This includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality.
It is also important that the applicant has
- administrative expertise and interpersonal skills.
- the ability to interact with society and inform about research and development work.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH's webpage .
Your application should follow KTH's CV template for employment of teachers . It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete according to the requirements in the ad and CV template.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
For more information regarding KTH's assessement, see Appointments procedure at the Royal Institute of Technology
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
University of Basel Basel
PhD position: Surgical navigation in laparoscopic surgery
Netherlands Cancer Institute Holland
Postdoc Cities, Machine Learning and Network Science
TU Delft Holland