PostDoc in European Global Studies
The Institute for European Global Studies of the University of Basel is advertising a postdoctoral position in European Global Studies with a focus on law (100%) as of October 1, 2020 or by appointment.
The position, which is limited to two years (with an option to extend for further four years), is designed as a junior research position and includes a teaching commitment of 4 hours (per week per semester) in the area of European Global Studies. Preference will be given to candidates with a habilitation project in law at the interface of the interdisciplinary research profile European Global Studies .
The Europainstitut is an interdisciplinary research institute of the University of Basel, which investigates Europe from a global perspective and thus contributes to answers to central questions of our time. The Institute develops interdisciplinary research concepts of European Global Studies and offers MA and PhD courses specializing in this field as well as public events to link scientific discussions with public-relevant questions.
- Independent interdisciplinary research activity (habilitation project) in the field of European Global Studies
- Teaching in the scope of 4 hours (per week per semester) within the framework of the MA and PhD European Global Studies
- Cooperation in university self-administration
- Active participation in the interdisciplinary and internationally oriented activities of the institute
- Completed excellent doctorate in law or another legally oriented profile of the humanities and social sciences
- Committed and internationally networked personality with several years of experience in university research
- Experience in university teaching
- Excellent verbal/written communication and teamwork skills
We offer you
- Responsible and versatile tasks in an interdisciplinary and dynamic, internationally oriented scientific environment
- Support from colleagues and superiors
- Employment conditions and remuneration in accordance with the guidelines of the University of Basel
Application / Contact
We are looking forward to your online application. The documents should include: Application letter; CV and list of publications; copies of university exams; outline of the habilitation project; the two best scientific articles in the author's opinion in PDF format. Applications will be reviewed and evaluated on an ongoing basis (open until filled).
Please apply exclusively online via the application link in the job advertisement.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact the Scientific Manager of the Institute for European Global Studies, Cornelia Knab (firstname.lastname@example.org). Apply
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
Assistant Professorshipsin Experimental Quantum Computing with Semiconductors and
University of Basel Basel
Projektleiterin/-leiter & Projektportfoliomanagement
University of Basel Basel
Assistant Professor in the area of History of Contemporary Art.
Ca’ Foscari University of Venice Italy