Professorship for clinical epidemiology
The Faculty of Medicine of the University of Basel and the University Hospital Basel (USB) are looking for a professor of clinical epidemiology from May 1st 2021 at the University of Basel with a seat on the board of the Department of Clinical Research (DKF) and accompanying clinical activities at the USB.
In close cooperation with the Department of Clinical Research (DKF) at the USB and the Swiss Tropical Institute (SwissTPH), the professorship for clinical epidemiology at the University of Basel strengthens Basel as a research location and brings new, innovative research methods into everyday clinical practice. Clinical epidemiology in Basel has an excellent international reputation and an existing national and international network. The proximity to the pharmaceutical industry, the various departments of the university and the various clinical areas of the university hospital allow highly competitive practically applied clinical research and simultaneous development of modern research methods as well as education and training of students and clinicians.
The professorship includes the further development of epidemiology to ensure high quality university clinical research in the entire region, and especially in university teaching with own research at the highest international level. The exact research orientation is open, if possible with synergies to existing research groups in the faculty.
- Technical and personnel management and further development of the professorship of clinical epidemiology
- Member of the management committee of the Department of Clinical Research (DKF)
- University research and teaching in the Medical Faculty
- Active consulting and monitoring of clinical studies
- Promotion of young scientists and organization of further education and training in clinical epidemiology
- Clinical activity at the University Hospital Basel possible and desired
- Medical training with several years of clinical experience is desirable. Additional training in clinical epidemiology with a Master of Public Health (MPH), Master of Science (MS) or similar qualification
- Outstanding and internationally recognized research achievements in a field of clinical research and epidemiology
- Integrative personality with organisational talent and great ability to work in a team
- Enthusiasm for a responsible, innovative and science-oriented leadership role
- Willingness to actively cooperate with the faculty's main areas of focus and with other academic and industrial partner organisations with further expansion of a network
- Habilitation or equivalent qualification
We offer you
We offer you a challenging and versatile job in a university and clinical environment. The University of Basel is an equal and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity. We explicitly welcome female applicants.
Application / Contact
For further information please contact Prof. M. Donath, President of the Appeals Committee, ( email@example.com ) or the academic coordinator for appeals, Dr. Simone Neu (Tel. +41 61 207 61 64; firstname.lastname@example.org ) Applications must be submitted by September, 11th 2020, latest. We kindly ask you to apply exclusively electronically as described in the guidelines . Apply
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
Professor in » Plant Cell Biology «
Technische Universität München (TUM) Munich
1-2 postdoctoral positions in microcomb technology and applications
Postdoctoral researcher, “3D Visualisation & Interface Design” at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Department Literature & Art, Maastricht University 1.0 fte (80% research, 20% teaching), 34 months
Maastricht University Holland