Professor in Food Technology
Lund University, LTH,
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world’s top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and more than 8 000 staff based in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand, explain and improve our world and the human condition.
LTH forms the Faculty of Engineering at Lund University, with approximately 9 000 students. The research carried out at LTH is of a high international standard and we are continuously developing our teaching methods and adapting our courses to current needs.
The Department of Food Technology, Engineering and Nutrition at Lund University, Faculty of Engineering invites applications for a position as Professor in Food Technology.
The Department of Food Technology, Engineering, and nutrition see this strengthening of the field “Food technology” with a professorship as part of the long-term strategic personnel supply. The subject “Food technology” at LTH has since long been interpreted as a subject within the applied surface and colloidal chemistry. Maintaining this profile is important for research and teaching in the department. Given the positive development in food and other related applied areas, we foresee, among other things, opportunities to actively participate in the EIT Food program and other national and international food consortia. The professorship will be linked to the part of the postgraduate education subject "Food, and Formulation engineering" described as follows "Food technology, Food chemistry, and Formulation are areas that deal with the chemical description of molecular and colloidal properties and that illuminating the relationship between biological processes, structure, and quality properties in assembled systems such as food, pharmaceuticals, and related consumer goods”.
The subject Food Technology is at LTH defined as applied surface and colloid and/or food chemistry with a focus on formulation issues in Food and Life science. The subject may include: mapping of the physical and/or chemical properties of raw materials and food products, principles for formulating complex products, methods for characterizing relevant molecular or over-molecular structures and developing systems with physiological functionality.
- Research in the area of the subject.
- Teaching on the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate level.
- Supervision of graduate workers and doctoral students.
- Actively work on seeking external research funding.
- Collaboration with business and society.
- Administration linked to the tasks above.
Appointment as a professor requires that the applicant has:
- Demonstrated research expertise.
- Demonstrated teaching expertise.
- Completed at least five weeks of training in higher education teaching and learning, or acquired equivalent knowledge by other means, unless there are valid reasons.
- Very good oral and written proficiency in English.
When assessing the applicants, special importance will be given to research and teaching expertise within the subject, with research expertise being of greater importance than the other.
For appointments to professor, the following shall form the assessment criteria:
- A very good national and international standing as a researcher. The requirement for international experience shall be assessed with consideration to the character and traditions of the subject.
- A very high level of teaching skill, including a very good ability to conduct, develop and lead teaching and other educational activities on different levels and using a variety of teaching methods.
- A good ability to supervise doctoral students to achieve a PhD.
- A good ability to collaborate with wider society and communicate his or her activities.
- A good general ability to lead and develop activities.
Consideration will also be given to good collaborative skills, drive and independence, and how the applicant’s experience and skills complement and strengthen ongoing research, first and second cycle education and innovation within the department, and how they stand to contribute to its future development.
Instructions on how to apply
Applications shall be written in English. Please draw up the application in accordance with LTH’s Academic qualifications portfolio – see link below. Upload the application as PDF-files in the recruitment system. Read more:
Read more about the department at: http://www.food.lth.se/english/
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly decline all sales and marketing contacts.
To apply, please click the button "Login and apply"
Type of employment Permanent position
Contract type Full time
First day of employment As soon as possible
Number of positions 1
Working hours 100 %
County Skåne län
Reference number PA2020/1479
Yvonne Granfeldt, +46 70 569 33 75
Björn Bergenståhl, 046-2228310
SACO:Saco-s-rådet vid Lunds universitet, 046-222 93 64, email@example.com
OFR/ST:Fackförbundet ST:s kansli, 046-222 93 62, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last application date 25.Sep.2020 11:59 PM CET
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Up to five tenure-track positions as Assistant professor
Umeå University Umeå
Professorship for clinical epidemiology
University of Basel Basel
Senior Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist - Ref.: IOB063
University of Basel Basel
Postdoc Centre for Regulation and Enforcement in Europe (1.0 FTE)
Utrecht University Holland