The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) seeks a qualified and highly motivated IT Technician to support its IT team and researchers.
IOB is a research institute combining basic and clinical research. Its mission is to drive innovations in understanding vision and its diseases and develop new therapies for vision loss. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your abilities challenged and your knowledge expanded.
The purpose of the position is to support and manage a modern, cloud-based IT infrastructure and support a heterogeneous environment of Windows and Macintosh. The position is hands-on and demands independent working style and the ability to interact comfortably with users of varying computing skills across the organization. Openness to innovative nontraditional solutions is important.
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (printers, switches, routers) including computers used for research data analyses and computers connected to scientific instruments for data acquisition;
- Check computer hardware (SSD, HDD and peripherals) to ensure functionality;
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications;
- Ensure security and privacy of computer systems and other network devices;
- Provide support to users on both hardware and software level;
- Perform troubleshooting to resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging);
- Organize and schedule maintenance without deterring end-users from completing their work and experiments;
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance;
- Identify computer or network equipment (access points, switches, routers) shortages and place orders.
- Proven relevant IT experience with diverse computer systems and networks, certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional);
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field is a strong plus;
- Organizational, communication, time management and multi-tasking skills are essential;
- The job also requires excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills;
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles;
- In-depth experience supporting Windows computers is a requirement, familiarity with Mac OS is a plus;
- Scripting and programming experience relevant to basic system administration, as well as knowledge of electronics;
- Experience in research environment or a degree in natural sciences is advantageous
We offer you
- Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel
- IOB is an equal-opportunity employer with family-friendly work policies
Application / Contact
Interested candidates should submit their application documents as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30th, 2020. Please indicate the position you are applying for by writing the reference number (IOB062) on the subject line. For further information, please visit our website www.iob.ch or contact Sandro Crameri (email@example.com).
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Up to five tenure-track positions as Assistant professor
Umeå University Umeå
Professorship for clinical epidemiology
University of Basel Basel
Senior Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist - Ref.: IOB063
University of Basel Basel
Unique Fellowship for Top Female Scientists - Technology, Policy and Management
TU Delft Holland