Post-Doctoral Position in Hebrew Bible / Old Testament
The Faculty of Theology at the University of Basel, Switzerland, invites applications for a post-doctoral position in the SNF Eccellenzza project "Transforming Memories of Collective Violence in the Hebrew Bible," led by Prof. Dr. Sonja Ammann. The project investigates the cultural memory of collective violence in ancient Israel, in particular the interweaving of memories of vanquishing and being vanquished in texts of the Hebrew Bible and Second Temple traditions. We are searching for a post-doctoral researcher (100%) starting from April 1, 2021 or on a date to be agreed. The position ends with the termination of the project (prospectively December 31, 2023).
- explore the memorialization of collective violence in biblical or related ancient literature as part of the project team. The specific focus of research should be proposed by the applicant. (Completing a "Habilitation" is possible if desired by the applicant).
- participate in synthesizing the outcome of the project in a book on functions of narratives of collective violence in Israel's cultural memory
- participate in co-organizing activities of the research group (team meetings, workshops, conferences).
- publish and diffuse your research in the form of conference papers and peer-reviewed articles
- develop his/her academic skills, with an optional teaching possibility.
- PhD degree (or equivalent) in Theology, Semitics, or Ancient Near Eastern Studies with particular focus on historical-critical exegesis of the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament
- Very good Hebrew skills (good knowledge of Greek is desirable)
- Ability to think conceptually and relate exegetical analysis to broader research questions
- Interest in social-scientific approaches and cultural studies
- Openness to working in an interdisciplinary and international context
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Proficiency in English
We offer you
- An interdisciplinary and dynamic, internationally oriented academic environment
- Cooperative research in a supportive and highly motivated team
- Employment conditions and remuneration in accordance with the guidelines of the University of Basel
Application / Contact
The University of Basel is an equal opportunity and family-friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application (cover letter, CV, names and contact information of 3 references, copies of degrees, short statement on the research focus you propose to develop within the project, a writing sample of your past research of up to 50 pages) in German or English by October 15, 2020 via our online recruiting tool.
For further questions, please contact Sonja Ammann, firstname.lastname@example.org . Apply
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
Up to five tenure-track positions as Assistant professor
Umeå University Umeå
Professorship for clinical epidemiology
University of Basel Basel
Senior Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist - Ref.: IOB063
University of Basel Basel
Unique Fellowship for Top Female Scientists - Technology, Policy and Management
TU Delft Holland