Molecular Biology Research Assistant - Ref.: IOB066
The Institute of Molecular and Clinical Ophthalmology Basel (IOB) is seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant to join the Complex Viruses Platform.
IOB is a research institute combining basic and clinical research. Its mission is to drive innovations in understanding vision and its diseases and develop new therapies for vision loss. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your abilities challenged and your knowledge expanded.
The main goal of the Complex Viruses Platform is to produce viral vectors for research groups at the IOB. The profile of the Viral Core Facility is service oriented but open-minded for establishment of new technologies and directions. The catalogue of viral vectors includes adeno-associated viruses (AAVs), lentiviruses (LVs), and rabies viruses. The Research Assistant of the Complex Viruses Platform will be responsible for generation of vector DNA, production of viral particles, and quality control by performing quantification and efficiency tests of viral particles.
- Generation of plasmid DNA using standard cloning techniques and latest recombination techniques;
- Production of plasmid DNA in bacteria cultures including plasmid purification and characterization;
- Production of AAV, LV and rabies virus particles by using specific cell culture systems;
- Purification of viral particles;
- Quantification and efficiency tests of viral particles, including titration in cells cultures, qPCR and ddPCR, viral efficiency test by FACS;
- Involvement in lab management and organization;
- Close collaboration with group members and the IOB groups.
- Biology lab assistant (or equivalent education) or Bachelor's/Master's Degree (or equivalent) in molecular biology or related field;
- Independence in the planning, realization, analysis and troubleshooting of standard molecular biology experiments;
- Enthusiasm to establish and optimize new protocols and techniques;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and skilled with computer work;
- Willingness to work under biosafety level 2 (BL2) laboratory condition;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, both in English and German.
We offer you
Highly competitive conditions in a dynamic and international research community in Basel IOB is an equal-opportunity employer with family-friendly work policies
Application / Contact
Interested candidates should submit their application documents as a single PDF file to email@example.com by November 27th, 2020. Please indicate the position you are applying for by writing the reference number (IOB066) on the subject line.
For further information, please visit our website www.iob.ch or contact Josephine Jüttner, ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Coordinator Stakeholder Engagement and Fundraising
University of Basel Basel
University of Basel Basel
Phd students on Explainable AI, Genetic Programming & Deep Learning for Medicine
Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI) Holland