Assistant/Associate Professor Mechanics of Interactive Biomaterials
Are you passionate about research as well as teaching in the field of biomaterials? We seek to hire a scientist/engineer who is interested in establishing a complementary research line in our department. Are you the creative and proactive team-player that we are looking for? We would like to get in touch with you!
Mechanics of interactive biomaterials
Natural systems have unique hierarchical structures with dynamic mechanical functionalities that can serve as blueprint for materials and implants that sense, respond and actuate their environment. This position concentrates on meso-scale mechanics of materials and experimental approaches to design novel biomaterials that interact with tissues and organs.
The Department of Biomedical Engineering.
There is an endless demand in modern healthcare for technologies to improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of health problems. To meet this demand, TU/e has a strong focus on Health in its research and education programs and has a department devoted entirely to this socially vital area: Biomedical Engineering. Biomedical engineers improve human health by cross-disciplinary activities that integrate the engineering sciences with the biomedical sciences and clinical practice.
Our Department of Biomedical Engineering presently consists of thirteen research groups, organized in 3 clusters and covers everything from regenerative engineering to biomedical image analysis to biomolecular engineering. With 58 (assistant, associate and full) professors, over 100 researchers and postdocs, 158 PhD candidates and circa 950 bachelor and master students, our department provides high-quality academic education and cutting-edge research.
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science, Biomaterial research, or a comparable domain.
- Ability to conduct high quality academic research, demonstrated by relevant publications.
- Ability to teach, shown by experience or assistance in teaching and positive evaluations of these teaching efforts.
- Creative and dedicated to (multidisciplinary) collaboration.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent proficiency (written and oral) in English.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- A meaningful job in a dynamic and ambitious university with the autonomy to develop your own research line and participate in the curriculum of the department.
- A Tenure Track of five years with the prospect of becoming an Associate Professor. After a maximum of four years, the tenure decision will be made. If you have a more senior profile, you will receive a tailor-made career proposal.
- You will have free access to high-quality training programs for academic leadership, the university teaching qualification program, research and valorization competences, and a dedicated mentoring program to help you get to know the university and the Dutch (research) environment.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
Eindhoven University of Technology is a top-ranking Dutch university that combines scientific curiosity with a hands-on attitude. Our spirit of collaboration translates into an open culture and a number 1 position in collaborating with advanced industries. Fundamental knowledge enables us to design solutions for the highly complex problems of today and tomorrow.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and would you like to know more?
Please contact Prof.dr. Keita Ito, k.ito[at]tue.nl.
For information about terms of employment, click here or contact
Elly van den Eertwegh, recruiter, e.a.m.v.d.eertwegh[at]tue.nl or + 31 (0)6 39186476.
The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of your publications and the contact information of three references.
- List of five self-selected 'best publications'.
- Description of your scientific interests and plans (1-2 pages).
- Statement of your teaching goals and experience (1-2 pages).
We look forward to your application and will screen it as soon as we have received it. Screening will continue until the position has been filled. We are committed to the cause of gender equality and, in case of equal suitability, we give preference to female candidates
Employer's other advertisements
ECONOMICS AND REGULATION OF GRIDS (WITH SPECIAL CONSIDERATION OF THE TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS)
Vienna University of Technology - TU Wien Vienna
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Associate Professor in Artificial Intelligence with focus on Data Management
Umeå University Umeå
PhD Student Position – Image analysis of geological samples - ExoMars2022 rover mission
University of Basel Basel
PhD candidate 'Improving resilience in advanced cancer patients'
Tilburg University Holland